Origins of "3 under 3 and more"

Okay, we're going to try this blogging thing again. I tried it once before with our family photos. Didn't do so hot in keeping up with it. I've been wanting a way to communicate and ask opinions from those who purchase my Silhouette designs so I'm going to try to keep this up again.

Time to get started. Let me tell you a bit about me and what the Silhouette is if you don't know. I'm Kenzie Daley. If you're wondering about the title of my blog, right now, at this moment that I made this blog, I have 3 kiddos under 3. Insane! Things are rarely quiet around here. I have Aiden who is going to be 3 on Dec. 26th, Kale who is about 1 and a half, and my sweet angel Brookie who is almost 6 months. I have a theory why I got my girl, God knew I couldn't handle another Aiden and Kale at this moment! If you've seen my design of the "Baby's 1st Christmas Ornament", that's my little Brooklynn. Here it is if you haven't seen the silhouette store:
I have an awsome husband, Mike. He's a manager for the railroad as some of you may have read on my profile. As soon as he got a job with Union Pacific, that opened the door for train stuff galore. It was cute, when I was developing my train set, he was getting as excited as I was or more! Here's a few items from that series too:

I just came out with the crane and the foliage if you haven't seen those. Recently, I've also added a bridge, a pond, a house (which can also be used for a ticket office), and a station. So, back to the family. Being a manager, the company has moved us a couple times. We do a ton of traveling because of this! We've lived in Utah twice, Michigan, Californina twice. Our recent trips have been to see relatives in Boise, Lehi, Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas and St. George which covers Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona. And this has all been within the last month and a half. Whew! I think I've finally recovered though.

So, now for the Silhouette. If you haven't heard of it, the easiest way to describe it is that it is one of the Provo Craft Crickut's rivals. I had thought of getting one of these craft cutters some day so I could make my own vinyl lettering with my typography background. I was at Costco in Sandy, UT one day and saw the Silhouette being demonstrated. What drew me to this is that I could "print" (or cut) directly from my graphics programs. Instead of having to buy cartridges, I could design whatever I wanted and "print" from there. Also, it has NO cartridges! I know Crickut is starting to do the online thing now, but Silhouette has been doing it the whole time, and Crickut wasn't doing it at the time. Anyways, so I went home and talked to Mike and purchased my very own Silouette.

So, a year later, through some luck, (Thanks Jennes!) I'm designing for Silhouette America and loving it. It has filled my creative void I've been missing! Ya, cheesy, but true.

So that's a little of the story of me and a little about the machine I design for. You'll see more about me and of what this machine can do. Seriously, it does a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails